Here's the new patio rug, just behind our foster dog, Freedom (adopt her!):
You will need:
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli
- 5 slices bacon (optional: 1 tsp. brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- drizzle oil and vinegar
- Salt, pepper, and paprika, to taste
- 1/3 cup low-sugar dried cranberries
- 2 tsp. french viniagrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized florets (discard most of the stems). Place broccoli in a ceramic, microwave-safe bowl and add three tablespoons of water. Cover the bowl tightly (or top with a microwave-safe plate). Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes - just until broccoli is slightly steamed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium heat, toast pumpkin seeds, stirring slightly until they're just starting to brown and they become fragrant. Remove the pumpkin seeds from the skillet and set aside.
- Add bacon to the skillet, cook with a touch of brown sugar (optional) until somewhere between crunchy and soft. Remove from skillet and place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up excess grease. Set aside and crumble into small pieces when bacon is cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad keeps for about four days when covered and chilled in the refrigerator.