I'm a proud leftover-user, though, and I try not to let a challenge keep me from creating something delicious out of foods that we have already
Hollandaise is so shockingly easy, but its rarely made at home, in my experience. How hard is it to blend together five ingredients? I think it's more difficult to live without extra butter than it is to just pull out the immersion blender and make a batch of decadent hollandaise. Maybe more people avoid hollandaise because it's basically just butter and egg yolk. I suppose that would make more sense. In any event, try this recipe and you will absolutely insist that all of your "weekend potatoes" and eggs benedict are topped with a solid drizzle of peri peri-spiced goodness!
Peri Peri Hollandaise Sauce
You will need:
- 3 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Peri Peri spice blend
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Melt butter in the microwave in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Whisk egg yolks together lightly in a separate small bowl.
- When butter is melted, add ingredients to the bowl containing the butter.
- Use an immersion blender (or a standing blender) to blend the mixture until thoroughly incorporated, about two minutes.
- Mixture will be slightly warm. Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, transfer the hollandaise to a small sauce pan set on low heat until ready to use.